Sunday, March 1, 2009

These lemon bars are tasty!

So in case the title of this entry didn't adequately convey my feelings toward this recipe - YUM! Honestly, I really enjoyed both making and eating the lemon bars. I think it's because I've had these kinds of bars made from a boxed mix before, and this was just exponentially better. In choosing lemons from the grocery store, I did pay extra attention to selecting fruit with a brighter and unblemished peel. I also made one modification to the recipe that I thought would be fun, and that was to substitute out half of the lemon juice for limoncello that Dave and I made a few months ago. If anything, this might have made it a tad sweeter than it would have otherwise been - it may have also brightened the color. Either way, it was very tasty. And still tart, not what I would consider overly sweet.

Originally, I'd intended to take the resulting bars into work and share them with my co-workers. In reality, they didn't last anywhere long enough to do so. It's been a week or two since I made them, but if my memory serves correctly, they were gone in two days. And this was just between Dave and me. This recipe was simple and straightforward to make. It gets two thumbs up and will definitely be added to my recipe repertoire.

In pictures, the whole baking process...

Ingredients


Zest


Mixing all that lemon-y goodness


Bon appetite



I'll also be posting the March recipe shortly. Stay tuned!

No comments: